Its been long I updated my blog. In this 2 months I had done an event for my trainees as I trained them for a 10k step up and I did my 16*16 challenge.
It was a journey in the last 16 days. I had never planned such an endurance run or I was even prepared. I had read about our fellow runners from Dream Runners taking up the challenge. I read about their day to day running and thought of supporting them.
I started with them from Day 11. I travelled everyday 50kms up and down getting up at 3.45 am. It was a wonderful experience running with an elite group. Day 1 was tough for me as I have not been running 10k+ for a long time because of my knee injury.
Everyday was a memory running with different people in different pace some times together sometimes all alone. When 3 of my fellow runners completed their 16*16 something in my mind and heart motivated me to take the challenge. I was pretty sure I need to run all alone for the nest 11 days and will get support from my running group Annanagar Dreamers and other running groups in Chennai.
From day 6 to 16 my journey started. I started running in soft surface more considering my knee injury and focusing on completing my run. I had my tag "sports is life" in my mind on each day and I started to take each day one by one. I was determined to complete the challenge and the toughest part was the mental strength.
My running group supported me a lot and Dream Runners group cheered me on each day with support run every day. All I leant in this 16 days is mind over matter. A strong mind can conquer your tasks no matter how riskier or tough it is. I faced a lot f challenges in this 16 days and I had good people around to support me.
The things I learnt during these 16 days ...mental strength matters , relaxed and calm mind, run according to your pace and never over do, think about the challenges you faced and facing all through your life and the learnings of life..these thoughts will inspire you and take you forward.
M running statistics of 16*16
Day 1 - 1.51
Day 2 - 1.45
Day 3 - 1.38
Day 4 - 1.40
Day 5 - 1.30
Day 6 - 1.30
Day 7 - 1.30
Day 8 - 1.35
Day 9 - 1.45
Day 10 - 1.35
Day 11 - 1.37
Day 12 - 1.27
Day 13 - 1.23
Day 14 - 1.21
Day 15 - 1.32
Day 16 - 1.30
Sports is Life
It was a journey in the last 16 days. I had never planned such an endurance run or I was even prepared. I had read about our fellow runners from Dream Runners taking up the challenge. I read about their day to day running and thought of supporting them.
I started with them from Day 11. I travelled everyday 50kms up and down getting up at 3.45 am. It was a wonderful experience running with an elite group. Day 1 was tough for me as I have not been running 10k+ for a long time because of my knee injury.
Everyday was a memory running with different people in different pace some times together sometimes all alone. When 3 of my fellow runners completed their 16*16 something in my mind and heart motivated me to take the challenge. I was pretty sure I need to run all alone for the nest 11 days and will get support from my running group Annanagar Dreamers and other running groups in Chennai.
From day 6 to 16 my journey started. I started running in soft surface more considering my knee injury and focusing on completing my run. I had my tag "sports is life" in my mind on each day and I started to take each day one by one. I was determined to complete the challenge and the toughest part was the mental strength.
My running group supported me a lot and Dream Runners group cheered me on each day with support run every day. All I leant in this 16 days is mind over matter. A strong mind can conquer your tasks no matter how riskier or tough it is. I faced a lot f challenges in this 16 days and I had good people around to support me.
The things I learnt during these 16 days ...mental strength matters , relaxed and calm mind, run according to your pace and never over do, think about the challenges you faced and facing all through your life and the learnings of life..these thoughts will inspire you and take you forward.
M running statistics of 16*16
Day 1 - 1.51
Day 2 - 1.45
Day 3 - 1.38
Day 4 - 1.40
Day 5 - 1.30
Day 6 - 1.30
Day 7 - 1.30
Day 8 - 1.35
Day 9 - 1.45
Day 10 - 1.35
Day 11 - 1.37
Day 12 - 1.27
Day 13 - 1.23
Day 14 - 1.21
Day 15 - 1.32
Day 16 - 1.30
Sports is Life



























That is a wonderful experience that you have shard Mani.Keep going to achieve your heights. All the very best.������
ReplyDeleteYou are an extremely committed person mani. And with hard work you have achieved newer heights. Way to go. Keep rocking
ReplyDeleteYou are an extremely committed person mani. And with hard work you have achieved newer heights. Way to go. Keep rocking
ReplyDeleteSuper Mani... For you determination and commitment to running...
ReplyDelete